Senior Firewall Engineer
Charged with managing internal IT infrastructure components including Check Point Firewall-1 4.1, Netscape Proxy servers, DNS servers, and SMTP mail relays as weall as the installation, design, and support of connectivity from Arthur Andersen client engagement sites to the internal network. Operate within Security Control Center that provides 24x7 support to 85,000 global users.
- Project lead for HP-OpenView NNM and BMC Patrol implementation.
- Project lead for the redesign and upgrade of the Andersen Chicago Internet gateway and data center.
- Worked with Andersen's Network Engineering and NOC in the ongoing configuration, maintainence and monitoring of their Cisco routers and switches.
- Instrumental in developing and mentoring junior staff members.
- Coordinated and configured multi site VPN connections and multimple mobile "War Room" VPN connections for emergency Partner meetings & client engagements.
- Increased traffic load support by building out Internet Gateway Architectures in key locations; developed complex designs to ensure high availability, load balancing, traffic sharing, dynamic routing, and fail over.
- Participated on a team responsible for the seamless transition of operational support for security devices prior to the Arthur Andersen/Accenture network split.
- Automated variety of routine system administration tasks.
- Authored policy, support documentation, and best practices for the Andersen security architecture.