Software Engineering Manager
Promoted to oversee design, development, and support of home-grown Merchandising Tool Suite used to manage item pricing, promotions, and more for Walmart.com. Supervised three to six onshore personnel and up to 25 offshore resources in China. Manage technical documentation, project planning, quality assurance, and scheduling of resources.
- Expanded scope of team to include site production imagery and digital asset management systems, along with client-server merchandising and content management application.
- Dramatically improved reliability and capacity of image processing system, from 180,000 assets per day to eight million, reducing six-week manual process to one day, through redesign.
- Planned and led successful rollouts of Merchandising tool, and increased user adoption by adding in custom features to meet needs of different business areas.
- Improved business operations by providing merchants with detailed root-cause analyses of pricing related issues.
- Contributed to greater staff productivity and performance by mentoring and promoting individuals from onshore and offshore teams.
- Delivered all projects on time and within forecasted budgets.