Lead Software Engineer, Information Management
Responsible for development lifecycle of web portal and applets used by all BIMA employees and stakeholders. Led software development and testing team. Designed system and software architecture, including data models, data services, and user interfaces. Utilized object relational mapper to interface with backend databases.
- Integrated a third-party web application (Community Server) that included: blogs, file shares, schedules, and forums into the BIMA portal. Rebranded the application so it visually matched the existing BIMA portal framework. Utilized the credentials framework provided by BIMA portal to allow single sign-on from BIMA.
- Created and implemented coding standards to be followed by all development for the BIMA portal. Updated several existing applications to follow standards.
- Collaborated with third-party contractors who were tasked with integrating applications into the BIMA portal. Provided interface requirements and expected workflow for interaction between portal and applications.
- Conducted code reviews of applications from other contractors intended for integration into the BIMA portal. Provided reports to government leadership about potential security threats and bottlenecks found during code reviews.
- Wrote development section of the proposal that won a multi-year contract with BIMA for Knowledge Management and Information Technology.
- Mentored junior developers. Provided input on program structure and coding standards.