My Verizon is an online portal website where [company name] customers could sign in and access their account features including managing their account online, adding/ removing features, upgrading their phone equipment(s), pay their bill, downloading songs with MEDIA STORE, an all-in-all portal solution. This J2EE/ SOA-based application is deployed in a geographical-aware routing system that routes the traffic based on where the user originates, and deployed in WEBSPHERE for its dynamic web pages, and serves static content from AKAMAI servers.
- I joined in My Verizon Tactical development team working on Production Support tickets and My Account Development as part of Maintenances Releases which occur every 3 weeks. Also Worked on critical Production tickets for the same day Emergency releases that helps in reducing major customer impact and improve the productivity and customer experience.
- Worked on Myverizon application development including many different flows that customer uses in day to day life like Minutes/Messages/Data Pages, Profile Management, Billing System etc using Struts 2, Spring and Hibernate.
- Developed command classes using xml over http to get the data from Vision and parsing it with sax parser to show the data in the front end.
- Extensively worked on optimizing the landing page by reducing unnecessary calls to the backed that in return reduces the startup time and increases the customer experience.
- Worked with RAD 8 and WAS 7 from development to deploying the complete application.
- Extensively used UML, Design Patterns and standard software development practices, including OO design.
- Used MKS, Accurev Subversion and Quality Center for version control and bug tracking.
- Involved in writing Logging Framework using LOG4J and Monitoring.
- Involved in writing the code for WebSSO working along with AM (access manager) Team.