Software Development Engineer
Developed embedded firmware for Power Monitor, a high-speed power measurement device which collects power consumption measurements from mobile devices 5K times per second and uploads them to a PC host over a USB 2.0 link (Visual C#, .NET, WinForms, C++, COM, Microchip MPLAB C, Windows 32- and 64-bit, Embedded firmware)
- Developed firmware packing maximum functionality into minimum space (32KB program memory, 2K RAM)
- Built configuration/calibration tool, and capability for customers to upgrade firmware in the field.
- Streamlined bloated PC-side application into an efficient, tight design. Added Automation interface for programmatic control.
- PowerTool software for graphical presentation of measurement data in near-real-time on the PC.
- PMconfig software for factory configuration/calibration of Power Monitor hardware.
- PMflash bootloader for in-the-field firmware upgrades over USB.