Software Development Manager Cover Letter
Software Development Managers are IT professionals who responsible for overseeing a company’s software systems. Specific responsibilities can vary depending on the industry, but typically include coordinating developers, studying current technology architecture, making improvement suggestions, meeting technical requirements, and planning and implementing software projects.
Many Software Development Manager cover letters highlight the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, web design or computer science
- Management experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and design
- Ability to meet deadlines
Below is a Software Development Manager cover letter that showcases some of these competencies.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Software Development Manager Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Clayman,
My professional experience includes managing the development process of various web functions at TERCO, from design to testing. I also have extensive experience in developing my own code, working in a collaborative environment and working directly with clients.
Here are further highlights of my qualifications and professional achievements:
- Bachelor’s degree in web design from GSU
- Proficient in database technologies, such as MySQL and PHP
- Experience using HTML5 and CSS3 to code a variety of web functions for different clients
- While leading a team, continuously adjusted priorities and addressed issues to improve efficiency.
- Achieved committed product content and quality goals on time after staff reductions and increases in content.
My proven management experience, combined with my passion for designing useful and appealing software in an efficient manner is what drives me to pursue a career at your company. If you think I’d be a good fit for Marksman Digital Solutions, please reach out to set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Charlotte M. Gregson