Software QA Tester
Tested a web-based application "AmpEducator" targeting all types of educational institutions (colleges, public and private schools, universities) used for creating and managing courses and programs, setting up timetables, assigning courses, tracking grades, monitoring programs hours, schedules, etc.
- Reviewed Business Requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Cases for "Students" and "Courses" functional module
- Performed GUI testing (Font Size, Spell Check, Proper Labeling, Tab order for the form fields)
- Verified test results against back end data using "dbForge Studio Express for MySQL" (SQL Editor)
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 8/7/Vista/XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment
- Researched and reported software defects and logged them into Mantis defect tracking tool
- Performed regression testing of fixed bugs and for every new build