Director of Software Engineering
Supervised team of 30 software, firmware, and hardware engineers/managers in San Diego, Seattle, and India for $160 million storage media company. Oversaw product strategy, architectural oversight, process definition, project management, and product releases. Administered $5 million budget.
- Launched new backup storage appliance and increased product capacity by over 300%. Facilitated product revenue of $20 million, with 30% annual growth.
- Dramatically improved due diligence and leadership for poorly-performing acquisition.
- Deployed first-ever OEM release of disk-based appliance software to Hewlett-Packard, projected to produce $4 million in annual revenue.
- Introduced software development process (SDLC) to align sales and development efforts.
- Completed major upgrade of operating system platform for all disk-based appliances.