Senior J2ee Architect
Symmetrix was primarily a credit card processing clearing house with a few paypal type products called "Wallets" I was responsible for re-engineering these products from legacy (VB6) to a more agile, scalable, robust technology such as JEE. I was also the defacto Enterprise Architect, as the EA I built the overall Enterprise ecommerce framework consisting of a proprietary Deep Clone Cache, Encryption libraries, UI Template Stamping for branding, numerous processing portals, enterprise logging, dynamic runtime gateway selection, as well as many credit card gateway processing components. This required a full understanding of UNIX, SOAP, OOAD, EJB, Struts, eCommerce, and Credit Card Processing. Technologies included Solaris, Linux, Java/J2ee/EJB, Struts, AJAX, JBoss/Tomcat and MsSQL.
- Lead architect and lead developer for Enterprise Frameworks
- Ecommerce "wallet" Product Manager
- Partnered with both technical executives and business executives to help develop and implement a solution that aligned with the needs of the business
- Promoted and initiated new features for the product and the framework by understanding and meeting the external client needs
- Designed and implemented network infrastructure
- Utilized a rules engine to help identify credit card fraud