Certified Para-optometric/ Optical Lab Technician
Edge prescription lenses using Kappa Tracer and Edger machines, hand block lenses, Inspect and measure after completion to verify compliance with ANSI standards.
- Order from multiple accounts to ensure back office is stocked at all times with every variety of optical lab and exam room supplies including medications
- Schedule appointments, create patient charts, enter patient data into EHR software, and interpret insurance benefits for services and eyewear.
- Preliminary patient testing, Humphrey Visual Field, OCT, and Fundus Photos.
- Educate patients in regard to office policies, medical procedures, and medication instructions.
- Within six months of employment, gained Para-optometric Certification by a combination of home study and work experience
- Received merit raises for strong attention to detail, exemplary customer service, and team-player attitude