Midwife Cover Letter
Midwives offer assistance and advice to women during pregnancy, labor, and the postnatal period. These professionals are the first point of contact before accessing other health care services for mothers and babies. Midwives only refer to obstetricians when there are medical complications and complete the following duties: monitoring pregnant women, implementing care programs, identifying high-risk pregnancies, providing education to pregnant women and their families, recommending screening and tests, supervising women during labor, offering breastfeeding advice, and teaching mothers how to take care of the newborn.
Well-written cover letter samples for Midwife mention the skills and qualifications such as the following:
- Medical teamwork
- Pain management expertise
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy
- Decision making and the ability to react quickly
- A caring and calm personality
- Integrity and commitment to treat all patients equally
An example of an eligible cover letter is displayed just below and mentions similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Midwife Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Caplan:
As an accomplished and patient-centric women’s health practitioner with extensive experience providing comprehensive services to pregnant women before, during, and after labor, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting women’s care allows me to substantially assist Blooming Flower Birth Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My background includes providing pre- and post-labor support, monitoring patient progress, and communicating with diverse medical teams to coordinate all aspects of quality obstetrical care. Performing examinations and screening tests, identifying high-risk pregnancies, maintaining detailed records, and educating patients on pain management techniques are just a few of many tasks at which I excel. Furthermore, I consistently provide a superior level of compassionate care and patient advocacy while also training, mentoring, and supervising midwifery assistants.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Providing comprehensive midwifery services throughout my 13 years with the Gentle Hands Birth Center in Edmonds and achieving expertise in providing a full range of primary health care services to patients including: prenatal and gynecological care; high-risk pregnancy management strategies; medication prescription; family planning advice; and education regarding general nutrition, exercise, rest, and overall wellness.
- Leveraging my warm and empathic nature—complemented by my superb interpersonal skills—to put patients at ease, resolve any worries or concerns, and answer questions to ensure full patient understanding and comfort.
- Calming pregnant women during labor using a variety of techniques to ensure an empowering and comfortable birthing experience as well as a safe and healthy delivery for baby.
- Monitoring vitals of infants and new mothers; facilitating hospital transfers when (rarely) necessary.
- AMCB Certified Midwife in the state of Washington; Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from Everett City College.
Confident that my skills and expertise will be of great value to Blooming Flower Birth Center, I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Ella D. Sanford