ER Tech Cover Letter
ER Techs provide support to medical staff in emergency departments. A postsecondary certificate is usually required for this position and tasks are divided between clinical and administrative duties. Examples of ER Tech responsibilities are taking vital signs, obtaining specimens for tests, placing casts, helping with patient procedures, maintaining the emergency department area clean, replenishing supplies, handling patient discharges and transfers, and providing emotional support to patients and their families.
Those interested in an ER Tech position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Basic clinical skills
- Being able to work under pressure and to stay calm in stressful situations
- Stamina and resilience
- Availability for work in shifts
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Empathy and bedside manners
A typical cover letter sample for ER Tech showcasing similar skills and experience can be observed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive ER Tech Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Rife:
When I learned of your search for a new ER Tech to join your staff at the Ridgemont Trauma & Medical Center, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and skilled technician with more than 10 years of strong experience, I am confident in my ability to make a significant and positive impact as a member of your team.
My background includes excellent experience assisting doctors in high-pressure trauma/ER facilities, performing all facets of ER technician work while ensuring top-notch accuracy and attention to detail. With solid team collaboration and communication skills, along with dedication to providing optimal patient care, I am positioned to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Serving as an ER Technician at Bridgestone Hospital for the past 10 years, providing overarching support in challenging, rigorous, and emotionally distressing circumstances while demonstrating a consistently superior ability to thrive under pressure.
- Performing EKGs, IV insertions, lab draws, and splints; treating and caring for acute injuries and wounds; and gathering patient data for hospital records maintenance while ensuring strict compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Selected to interview, train, and mentor new employees in recognition of outstanding performance and dedication to patient care excellence.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative team environment and maintain healthy relationships with peers and staff.
- Associate’s degree in Emergency Medical Technology (obtained in 2006).
With my expertise in comprehensive ER technician responsibilities, along with my commitment to superior patient care, I am prepared to exceed your expectations in this challenging role and I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Steven K. Bates