Clinical Assistant Cover Letter
Clinical Assistants work in the healthcare industry and are responsible for providing administrative and logistical assistance to medical staff. Examples of Clinical Assistant duties include: collecting patient information, answering phone calls, answering to client inquiries, maintaining inventories, ordering supplies, scheduling appointments, performing word processing, helping with laboratory procedures, supervising student employees, and making travel arrangements.
Those interested in a Clinical Assistant position should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Healthcare management skills
- Inventory control skills
- Knowledge of clinical operations
- Organization and planning
- Medical terminology familiarity
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
- Supervisory skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures
- Front desk skills
Below is provided a cover letter sample for Clinical Assistant displaying similar experience and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Clinical Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Porras:
As a skilled and patient-centric professional with solid experience providing services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your opening for a Clinical Assistant. My background in supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist the Finley Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
From testing blood pressure and drawing blood to ordering and evaluating lab results and documenting patient histories, my experience in providing comprehensive laboratory and clinical support to physicians, nurses, and lab technicians positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with laboratory staff, and performing a range of patient screenings and tests are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care each day.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Handling daily clinical tasks for up to 25 patients, including evaluating vital signs, recording fluid intake and output, performing lab draws, conducting glucose checks, and assisting patients with daily living activities (bathing, dressing, grooming, ambulating).
- Utilizing comprehensive knowledge of medical conditions and services to order and interpret lab tests and assist in delivering medication and treatment guidelines to patients.
- Performing hearing and vision screenings, spirometry testing, rapid strep tests, and urine dips.
- Documenting patient data and updating charts via EPIC.
- Providing assistance and coverage across various departments as needed, including ICU, labor and delivery, cardiology, and the ER.
- Training and supervising medical assistant staff to facilitate superior performance levels.
With my expertise in supporting clinical care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your facility. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Jamie W. Nino