RN, Clinic Nurse Manager
Supervise nurses and medical assistants for two busy community health clinics specializing in adult health, OB/GYN and pediatrics; ensure appropriate coverage to work with providers and care for patients; assist with triage, nursing assessments, IV's, wound care, patient care, patient/family education; work with providers to ensure appropriate care/referrals for patients.
- Case management - supervise referral staff, follow-up with specialty appointments for patients; assess high risk patients for specialists care and coordinate referrals and pre-authorizations with insurance companies
- Ensure appropriate training of new staff; test for competencies to ensure quality staff are retained past probationary period and conduct annual competency testing and updates as needed.
- Interview and hire staff in accordance with staff needs of both clinics; coordinate scheduling/coverage of positions for clinics. Review/approve leave for staff.
- Conduct records audits for CQI purposes; assist during AAAHC certification periods with required training/procedures.
- Evaluate staff and ensure probationary and annual evaluations are conducted and documented as scheduled, to ensure employees receive quarterly bonuses as warranted.
- Maintain/order clinic inventory of medical supplies/equipment; approve receipt of supplies requested to ensure appropriate payment is accomplished.
- Translate (English/Spanish) for providers/patients/family.