Sole assistant to several orthopedic surgeons, a physician assistant, and a nurse practitioner. Prepares physicians for surgeries by gathering patient notes, surgical posting sheets and imaging films. Performs patient care duties including drawing up injections, ordering tests, scheduling appointments, applying and removing casts, braces, and splints, removing staples and stitches, calling in prescriptions, answering patient voicemail calls, and handling triage calls.
- Run five to six clinics each week averaging thirty patients per clinic
- Supports day-to-day functions of the pediatric service, with sole responsibility to the pediatric orthopedic surgeon, including focus on North Carolina State women's athletics, local performing artists, and other athletes
- Assists in marketing practice's pediatric service to community pediatricians' offices
- Assists in covering High School athletic events
- Direct Saturday morning sports clinics with physicians
- Communicated directly with the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes' athletic trainers and players to obtain medical records and schedule appointments and tests while assistant to their orthopedic surgeon and physician assistant
- Supported pre and post season team physicals by managing schedule, acquiring reports and maintaining records