Paramedic Cover Letter
Paramedics respond to emergency calls and provide healthcare services on the scene. These professionals deal with life threatening conditions as well as minor injuries and illnesses. Paramedics need to complete the following tasks: making diagnoses, using technical equipment, deciding the course of treatment, performing surgical procedures, dressing wounds, driving emergency vehicles, transporting patients to hospital, providing hospital staff with patient information, and communicating with patient relatives.
A sample cover letter for Paramedic should highlight the following skills and abilities:
- Clinical skills
- Decision making and sound judgment
- A caring and empathetic personality
- Emotional stability
- Stamina and resilience
- Attention to details
- Navigational skills
- Physical fitness
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- A highly-motivated approach to work and reliability
Similar Paramedic skills can be checked in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Paramedic Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Francis:
As an experienced and skilled professional with comprehensive experience delivering critical medical attention and advanced life support to injured individuals at emergency scenes—both on site and in transit—I am confident that I can make a substantial impact on your team’s success as your next Paramedic.
My background includes treating and bandaging patients, evaluating acute care needs, and facilitating hospital transfer logistics to ensure superior patient treatment. For more than 11 years I have served as an accomplished and committed paramedic, and I am prepared to put my expertise and dedication to work for you.
My qualifications include the following:
- Completing paramedic training and earning certification as well as licensure; participating in ongoing professional development seminars and programs.
- Provided advanced life support during medical emergencies
- Documenting all services provided to reduce liability, protect employer, and enhance patient care.
- Building and sustaining excellent working relationships with other emergency personnel including doctors, nurses, and ancillary specialists.
- Selected to serve as field training paramedic for new hires.
- Consistently demonstrating a solid commitment to providing quality patient care in alignment with established protocols, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
With my dedication to providing outstanding patient care in acute medical / trauma circumstances, as well as my strong communication and leadership skills, I believe I would be an excellent addition to your team. I look forward to discussing the position with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Debra M. Walls