Medical Support Assistant
Medical Support Assistant responsible for performing a variety of support functions related to the management, implementation, and execution of the Soldier Readiness and Force Health Protection to include in and out-processing, soldier readiness processing, and pre and post deployment processing.
- Screened service member medical records for Individual Medical Readiness (IMR), updated individual medical readiness in computerized and paper-based medical records.
- Assisted soldiers in completion of appropriate documentation for processing and medical readiness screening.
- Mapped process for treatment and medical evaluation by providing instructions to soldiers.
- Administratively documented patient Pre and Post Deployment, Annual, and Post Deployment Health Re;Assessments and medical readiness information into Womack Deployment system, CHCS, and MEDPROS.
- Complied with HIPAA, patient privacy, patient rights, patient safety goals, infection control, Joint Commission Organization Standard and procedures for all other hospital policies.
- Relayed incoming calls and messages to the appropriate staff.