Medical Technologist Cover Letter
Medical Technologists are employed by independent laboratories or hospitals and are responsible for testing blood and other samples collected from patients. A Medical Technologist needs to be able to use complex equipment and produce accurate test results. Typical work activities of a Medical Technologist include: operating and maintaining equipment, examining samples under the microscope, preparing cultures, generating lab reports, and sending test results to physicians.
A cover letter sample for Medical Technologist should emphasize skills and abilities such as:
- Knowledge of chemistry techniques
- Clinical lab testing skills
- Medical technologies familiarity
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Organization and time management
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
The cover letter sample beneath showcases comparable Medical Technologist qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Technologist Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Wright:
Upon review of your posting for a Medical Technologist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled and dedicated professional with more than seven years of experience conducting medical testing, performing quality control, and overseeing lab operations, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your organization.
Preparing and testing specimens, analyzing complex blood and bodily fluid tests, and completing scheduled assignments define my career accomplishments. My comprehensive expertise in a wide variety of testing procedures and equipment positions me ready to vitally impact laboratory management and performance at (Company Name).
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Successfully performing both basic and complex testing in urinalysis, hematology, chemistry, microbiology, histology, immunohematology, and serology to acquire data to use in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Overseeing day-to-day functioning for a healthy operating lab, including staff training, supply orders, and cross-departmental communication for superior patient care and laboratory success.
- Possessing a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Lab Technology; licensed Medical Technologist.
With my acute knowledge of medical laboratory operations and my expertise in performing quality control procedures, I am ready to extend my record of success with your organization. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Carrie J. Jones