Medical Laboratory Scientist
Performs tasks, duties and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory assigned (hematology, microbiology, blood-bank, immunology, bacteriology, microscopy, routine chemistry, therapeutic drug monitoring) according to established laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Processes specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge. Calibrates, standardizes and maintains instruments following established procedures. Performs quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, procedures.
- Validates and reports results of tests performed.
- Delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual. Assists with orientation and teaching students and new employees.
- Researches and develops new procedures as assigned.
- Follows established safety practices including biohazards, exposure control plan (blood-borne pathogens), infection control to include universal precautions, employee right to know (hazardous chemicals), and chemical hygiene standard