Medical Transcriptionist Cover Letter
Medical Transcriptionists listen to physician recordings and create medical documents that are archived afterwards. Typical work activities of a Medical Transcriptionist are the following: receiving audio notes, listening to and reviewing audio recordings, operating audio control equipment, creating type-written format documents, submitting documents for hospital records, checking document accuracy, and completing other tasks as assigned by the medical staff. Pursuing continuous education is deemed important for this job as well.
A well-written sample cover letter for Medical Transcriptionist should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Excellent listening skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- Effective communication
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Being able to work without supervision
Below is provided an example cover letter focusing on similar abilities and job experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Transcriptionist Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Medical Transcriptionist, check out our more complete Medical Transcriptionist Job Description.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Scarbrough:
With my strong experience in medical transcription and records maintenance for busy medical offices—complemented by my degree in Life Sciences—I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in application for the Medical Transcriptionist role available with Health Charter Services, Inc.
My ability to accurately transcribe a high volume of technically complex medical dictation while ensuring exceptional levels of accuracy and confidentiality positions me to excel in this role. Adept at using the latest voice recognition technology, I excel at transcribing, editing, and reviewing final reports and dictated material to identify and rectify errors in spelling, grammar, clarity, or consistency. With my strong communication and prioritization skills, as well as my demonstrated expertise in critical thinking and analysis, I am prepared to make an immediate contribution to your team.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Demonstrated success over the past 12 years in medical transcription, including eight-year position as a Tier 3 transcriptionist responsible for typing operative, history, diagnostic, consultation, and ER reports for hospitals and medical clinics throughout the country; maintained a QA score of 98.7% or higher.
- Interpreted and meticulously transcribed dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding therapeutic, clinical, and diagnostic consultations and outcomes, continually editing and clarifying inaccuracies without altering the content’s original meaning.
- Possess a deep knowledge base in comprehensive medical terminology, and maintain an extensive list of references pertaining to more complex terms and procedures.
- Monitoring, recording, and maintaining confidential materials in previous position with the US Air Force.
- Demonstrating superior leadership, analytical, and organizational talents.
With my previous experience and my sharp attention to detail, I am confident that I can make a positive impact on Health Charter Services. An opportunity to discuss your needs and my qualifications in detail would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration.
Ralph J. Cervantes