Provide ophthalmic technical support to physicians by performing diagnostic tests necessary for a patient's evaluation. This includes: lensometry, measuring visual acuity, visual field testing, basic ocular motility, tonometry- applanation & tono-pen, evaluation of pupils, manual refraction, auto-refraction, pachymetry, Lenstar, Magellan, Pentacam and HRT testing.
- Collect accurate documentation of the patient's chief complaint, history of present illness, review of systems, and all pertinent ocular findings in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Ensures that exam rooms are clean, stocked, and appropriately set up each day.
- Conduct basic computer scheduling and canceling appointments.
- Educate patients on medications for pre and post-operative protocol as directed by the physician.
- Familiar with EHR software.
- CPR certified.