Sterile Processing Technician
Responsible for the proper care, cleaning, and decontamination of all surgical instrumentation to include specialized electromechanical equipment (cams, scopes, drills); while observing all departmental operating procedures, safety protocols, and technical standards.
- Operated and serviced several high level disinfecting ultrasonic washers, steam autoclaves, liquid based washer/disinfectors and vaporized hydrogen peroxide sterilization systems (Steris V-Pro).
- Prepares and distributes operating room and module order requests in accordance with priority identification; providing excellent customer service for problem resolution.
- Observed and identified equipment discrepancies, completed minor repairs, submitted work requests, and maintained equipment records.
- Assembled, documented, accounted for, and packaged all instrumentation and sets according to individual department protocols.
- Maintained a clean and safe environment while observing all personal protective equipment standards, standard precautions, infection control practices.