Surgical Technician, Hospital Corpsman
Extensive experience in the Operating room as a surgical technician, circulating and assisting with patient positioning. Scrubbing and assisting with over 677 surgeries and almost 3,000 hours of scrub time, with various services including transplants, davinci, general and gynecology, as well as in charge of inventory of $10 million in consumables and ordering instruments. An experienced technician with adaptability, versatility and intelligence.
- Lead technician for Davinci, Bariatrics, General, Gyn and Transplants.
- As lead technician in charge of ordering common use supplies and locating and ordering special use supplies.
- Assembling in-services and coordinating with representatives at ethicon and covidien, to properly train technicians on new products or trials.
- Insuring all instruments in Transplant sets weren't damaged and in good function, also training SPD on proper names of less commonly used instruments in transplant sets.
- Assisted in training of technicians and nurses on proper room set up and patient position for all five shifts in case of emergency bring back surgeries.
- Preceptor for 15 technicians in Davinci, 5 in Transplants, 20 in General and 15 in Gyn. As well as training 12 army surgical technician students in their clinical period.