Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Urologists and Uro-oncologist
This center covered the breast center and became trained in assisting with stereotactic; ultrasound-guided and MRI-guided breast biopsy. I also have experience included kidney, bladder, prostate, testicular cancer care and treatments.
- Redesigned the 'Patient Education Manual' that is now given out to every patient starting Chemotherapy.
- Team Member on the team that redesigned the 'Employee Performance Improvement Tool" to meet the needs of the nurses in the outpatient setting.
- Coordinated clinics, handle all the patient calls, and did all patient teaching for their Chemotherapy.
- Coordinated patient needs post discharge and at end of life.
- Won "Employee of the Month" for the Kansas University Cancer Center in March 2005, and again in June 2007.
- Collaborated with the Clinical Trials Office in the care and symptom management of women in Phase 2 and 3 trials. Assisted in screening patients for potential participation in our open trials and the reporting of adverse events to the Research Nurse.
- Was nominated in Cure Magazine as an "Extraordinary Healer Nominee" in 2007, and 2010.
- Center cared for women 3 years and more from their diagnosis of breast cancer. It included a cardio/oncology clinic, fertility clinic, genetic testing, diet, energy balance and a clinic for these women to have their follow-up appointments. This area conducted clinical trials, and we collected data regarding bone density, weight gain, fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and cardiac risk factors.
- Was nominated for "Daisy Award" in 2010.