Medical Laboratory Assistant Cover Letter
Medical Laboratory Assistants provide support to technologists responsible for analyzing specimens from patients. Unlike technologists, they can’t complete very complex tests and also have clerical duties. Examples of Medical Laboratory Assistant responsibilities include: greeting patients, providing information about procedures, answering to inquiries, taking phone calls, handling the correspondence, preparing specimens, completing simple procedures, and running basic tests.
An eligible cover letter sample for Medical Laboratory Assistant usually highlights the following skills and abilities:
- Laboratory procedures knowledge
- Laboratory assistant experience
- Infection control expertise
- Analytical thinking
- Customer service orientation
- Computer competences
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Effective communication
The cover letter example displayed below showcases similar job skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Schneider:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Medical Laboratory Assistant position you have available. With my solid background in various biological subjects and techniques, along with my superior skills in research and analysis, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your team.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in conducting key research and analyzing data in a detailed and scientific manner. From preparing specimens and mixing chemical solutions to conducting tests and recording data, I possess expertise in performing a full range of tasks to ensure lab efficiency and productivity. Additionally, because of my comprehensive education in life sciences and chemistry, I have strong knowledge of diverse laboratory topics, instruments, and hands-on techniques, as well as the ability to integrate superior organization and communication skills across all levels of research and testing.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Demonstrating the ability to create detailed scientific reports, perform experiments, and conduct thorough research and analysis throughout all phases of the medical testing process.
- Amassing experience in microbiology, immunology, organic and inorganic chemistry, ecology, bioethics, and virology.
- Mastering a broad range of laboratory techniques and instruments, including cell cultures, IR spectrometer, aseptic techniques, dissections and whole mounts, protein assays, chromatography, distillation, and titration.
- Performing numerous tests on received specimens, documenting results, and preparing specimen shipments to other medical facilities.
- Displaying the capacity to write clearly and concisely, as well as the ability to easily understand and carry out directions from superiors and peers.
My passion for medical research complemented by my extensive knowledge of laboratory techniques will translate into dedication to the work performed by your team. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Lauretta N. Bailey