Therapist Cover Letter
Therapists assist clients who need mental health support and work with individuals, couples, or families. A Therapist is usually specialized in a certain therapy type, such as cognitive behavioral or psychodynamic therapy. Essential work responsibilities of a Therapist include assessing client needs, helping clients to explore their issues, creating treatment plans, updating their knowledge of developments in the field, monitoring client progress, writing reports, and referring clients to other types of therapy when needed.
Essential Therapist skills usually mentioned in a sample cover letter for this position include:
- Excellent listening skills
- Being able to interact with all sorts of people
- Emotional stability
- A genuine interest in helping people
- Strong observational skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Patience and perseverance
- Recordkeeping skills
- Computer literacy
Similar skills and qualifications can be seen in the Therapist example cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Therapist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Dr. Colton:
When I learned of your need for an experienced Therapist to join your staff, I felt compelled to submit my resume detailing my credentials for your consideration. With more than 12 years of experience supporting patients in completing treatment plans and improving their mental health condition, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your practice.
From defining patient goals and performing initial assessments to recommending appropriate therapies and building trusting relationships, my extensive experience in providing direct therapeutic services to clients has prepared me to excel in this position. With complementary expertise in records management and agency referrals, my additional strengths in training, problem solving, and communication position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Providing comprehensive counseling services during individual, group, and family therapy sessions to help patients overcome emotional challenges, relationship struggles, and mental distress.
- Applying a range of psychological methods and techniques throughout screening, assessment, and final evaluation to determine optimal next steps.
- Developing client-centric treatment plans focused on specific objectives and delivering therapeutic counseling in alignment with specified goals.
- Maintaining confidential patient records in accordance with the Department of Mental Health Standards policies.
With my comprehensive experience in therapeutic counseling, coupled with my steadfast dedication to boosting patients’ emotional health and wellbeing, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Latoya A. Hogan