Mental Health Worker Cover Letter
Mental Health Workers provide support to people who are mentally ill or have developmental disabilities. This is a very demanding job, requiring emotional stability, empathy, and the ability to handle and restrain patients with mental health conditions. Typical duties include discussing with patients about their problems, administering medication, helping patients in distress, showing people how to manage their emotions, maintaining patient records, and organizing activities to keep patients occupied and entertained.
The most sought-after skills in a Mental Health Worker, based on our cover letter samples, are the following:
- Strong observational skills
- Empathy and a non-judgmental approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Being able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Physical strength and stamina
- Confidentiality and work ethics
Resembling job skills and abilities are included in the Mental Health Worker example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mental Health Worker Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Mental Health Worker, check out our more complete Mental Health Worker Job Description.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Atkinson:
When I learned of your need for an experienced and patient-focused Mental Health Worker to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. My experience caring for mentally ill patients within various social services programs gives me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your organization.
My background includes providing life skills and support services to mentally and/or behaviorally challenged adults while organizing and leading caseloads and programs to ensure achievement of patient objectives. My ability to quickly connect with individuals and establish trusting relationships, along with my strong communication and organization talents, prepare me to thrive in this position.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Providing vital support to mentally ill adult patients at the Next Line Facility in Princeton Junction; assessing conditions, recommending optimal treatment plans, and offering counseling through significant life transitions and events.
- Tackling tough challenges and tasks, such as restraining violent patients, administering medications, and encouraging socialization to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Delivering support and case management services for homeless adults suffering from chronic mental illness for the City of Princeton Junction for seven years.
- Evaluating patients’ safety and communicating status updates and progress to licensed health professionals.
- Utilizing superior communication and interpersonal abilities to provide solutions and support in difficult and stressful situations.
With my dynamic experience in mental health support and my dedication to providing critical assistance to individuals in need, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.