Hospitalist Cover Letter
Hospitalists are physicians who diagnose and treat hospitalized patients. Work activities specific to Hospitalists are seeing patients in the emergency room, collaborating with specialty physicians, assisting patents in critical care units, ensuring post-acute care, ordering tests, diagnosing conditions, prescribing treatment, educating patients and their families on health issues, assigning work to nurses, implementing infection control procedures, and discharging patients.
A typical cover letter sample for Hospitalist should focus on the following job assets:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Bedside manners and empathy
- Being able to work under pressure
- Flexibility and availability for work in shifts
- Stamina and resilience
- Work ethics and confidentiality
- Computer literacy
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
Those interested in a Hospitalist career can check relevant skills and abilities in the cover letter example provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hospitalist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Brent:
Upon consideration of your posting for the Hospitalist position at Toledo General, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced director of nursing operations with comprehensive experience driving outstanding patient experiences in busy hospitals and trauma centers through direct patient care, staff leadership, and operational direction, I am confident that I would significantly contribute to the success of your hospital’s objectives in this role.
My background spans excellent experience in admitting patients, overseeing medical staff, facilitating team collaboration, and ensuring maximum patient satisfaction. With this success, combined with my experience in providing extensive direct patient care and overseeing treatment services, I excel at orchestrating nursing staff and operations within patient-centric environments.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Admitting and providing superior care for patients at the Western Ohio Trauma Center for the past 12 years to patients in telemetry, ICU, and CCU units.
- Managing and treating common health problems as well as more serious, chronic, and/or complex illnesses.
- Performing preoperative evaluations and advising surgeons on patients’ risk status; recommending appropriate interventions to minimize risk.
- Demonstrating superior abilities in staff development and leadership, budget administration and management, operational oversight, process improvements, and regulatory compliance.
- Organizing, coordinating, and supervising activities of house staff and nurses; directing medical students and residents.
- Leveraging exceptional communication and presentation skills to enable project and program success while providing interactive leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing; completed postgraduate residency training at Linnville Hospital.
With my proven track record of overseeing medical staff and operations while facilitating optimal patient care and satisfaction in hospital and trauma facilities, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit Toledo General. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Mary M. Reneau