Assistant Program Director
Collaborated with Program Director to oversee day-to-day management of Supportive Housing program serving over 200 individuals with history of chronic street homelessness, serious and persistent mental illness, active substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS. Provided 24hr on-call availability.
- Managed medical and psychiatric services provided on-site. Managed new primary care program.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluation, and staff development. Responsible for training staff in evidence-based practices, including person-centered service planning and trauma-informed care.
- Provided supervision to clinical supervisors, social workers, case managers, and special services staff (including tenant services coordinator, per diem staff, and registered dietitian).
- Updated and improved policies and procedures to ensure that clients receive services that meet regulatory and agency standards and that records are kept in compliance. Conducted audits for quality assurance. Responsible for creating and updating budgets, completing written reports to funders.
- Facilitated staff-driven performance improvement strategies, specifically in regard to reducing incidents and improving crisis-management procedure. Encouraged staff to approach their work with creativity and curiosity, providing opportunities for autonomy and innovation.
- Acted as program liaison to partnership organizations, as well as contracted professionals.
- Responsible for creating an annual budget, tracking spending, and ensuring responsible use of funds.
- Provided short-term psychotherapy to clients in crisis. Performed mediation, evaluation, and crisis intervention.