Customer Support Working Supervisor / Customer Support Engineer IV
Directed support operations to meet service contract terms, including training, motivating, and leading team of 40 engineers. Project managed new product introduction, client startups, installations, and system upgrades/repairs. Reduced action item resolution time, installation time, and system downtime. Coordinated system availability with customers for preventative maintenance actions and system repairs while overseeing critical system issues. Ensured client satisfaction in cooperation with logistics, human resources, R&D, and domestic/international production support. Delivered operational/project performance metrics, reporting, and presentations for customers, technical support, and management.
- Saved $500,000 in equipment replacement costs and reduced downtime over 80% by identifying and resolving contaminated water supply issue through installation of in-line filter units.
- Achieved $100,000 annual savings by tracking tools to eliminate replacement requirements.
- Launched new field office to increase company market penetration in Portland, Oregon.
- Turned around damaged client relationship and eliminated support calls to regional manager. Instituted value-added services to ensure retention of company service contract.
- Implemented training forecasting schedule and regional personnel planning spreadsheet.
- Developed internal website with updated site-specific procedures for engineers