Senior Product Development Engineer
Designed, developed, and implemented numerous consumer garden, automotive, and mechanical hand tools. Accountable for all aspects of product development from concept through production. SolidWorks and AutoCAD were used for concept development and design. Products were manufactured by injection molding, forging, stamping, and casting production methods. Developed standards and procedures for optimizing product development and project management.
- Conducted FEA analysis with Cosmos and VisualNastran 4D software.
- Machined prototypes on a Roland MDX500 CNC machine.
- Evaluated and conducted comparison analysis on new and existing products.
- Traveled to China and visited the factories with production difficulties to resolve product non-conformance issues.
- Identified, recruited, and managed two engineers and a SolidWorks operator in Armenia to assist the engineering department with development of new products. This farming out of projects increased engineering capacity at significant savings to the company due to the lower labor rates in Armenia.