Senior Developer / Project Manager Foxpro Systems
Created financial, merchandise, and store performance reports for email distribution to executives, finance, merchandising, planning, real estate, and field including stores.
- Designed reports and system interfaces using FoxPro and SQL to support a 424 store $350M retail company.
- Implemented a POS promotion system using SQL and SSIS that was to be outsourced saving $80K.
- Led the development of POS applications for 424 stores including payroll, scheduling, damage reporting, and markdown directives that reduced overall payroll hours required by store associates. The damage reporting and markdown directives resulted in an annual payroll savings of $500K.
- Managed a team of up to two developers, conducted annual reviews, and interviewed candidates for open positions.
- Developed and maintained ETL data loads for a MS Business Intelligence System using SQL and SSIS.
- Acted as SQL DBA, creating tables, indexes, views, stored procedures, and setting up user permissions.
- Created exports from payroll and HR systems to send to external benefits vendors in various formats.
- Was responsible for loading data and making changes to a large data warehouse system.
- Developed interfaces to send data between Retail Packages (CSI and Island Pacific), Planning System (Arthur), and Allocation Systems (Compass and MID Allocation).
- Updated and tested numerous programs and systems for Y2K compatibility using a parallel test lab.