Data Architect/senior Oracle Developer
Assumed responsibilities for the architectural design and development of the Oracle 11i database instance.
- Performed data profiling activities which included documenting the "as is" state of the databases and gathering performance metrics on the code base.
- Redesign of existing 18-hour daily process to reduce duration down to 6 hours. This also allowed the application to scale to more than double the amount of records processed.
- Automated and instrumented existing processes, freeing up developers who previously had to manually interact with the application at every step.
- Evaluated and recommended for purchase: data modeling, development and ELT tools.
- Separated the development environment from the production server to allow for better testing without slowing or stopping production.
- Led the project to implement Subversion as the company standard version control
- Using the Talend software suite, automated many daily tasks for development, QA and production with the added benefit of being able to run processes concurrently instead of serially.