Junior Web Developer Cover Letter
The entry-level Junior Web Developer role is focused (especially during the initial three months) on learning how the web development team operates, the architectural structure of the codebase and generally how to onboard successfully. Common tasks assigned to Junior Web Developers include simple bug fixing that does not require long lines of code, building and maintaining databases, writing code and developing web applications.
Some of the key skills a Junior Web Developer should have include:
- Ability to adapt to working as part of a development team.
- Ability to build positive working relationships
- Quick learner
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sound capabilities in web and database integration
- Skilled in Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Photoshop
Use this sample Junior Web Developer cover letter as a guide as you draft your own.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Junior Web Developer Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Stavos
I hope you would consider my application for the Junior Web Developer position at 360° Inc. that has recently become available. I have attached my updated resume that contains detailed information on my qualifications, skills and relevant work experience. I am currently working at Red Square Multimedia in a Junior Web Developer role.
I have produced highlights of my work experience at Red Square Multimedia for your consideration below:
- Established secure web application in addition to developing a back-end database to systematize confidential survey process for a client in the banking sector.
- Worked as part of a team responsible for designing and developing a web presence for an e-commerce start-up with the focus on a user-friendly interface.
- Worked on developing an easy-to-maintain content management system for a resort. Responsibilities included identifying weaknesses in the website, conducted market research and developed innovative concepts for the redesigned website.
I believe my skills and web developing capabilities will make a significant contribution to 360° Inc’s strengths. I am grateful to you for the time in reviewing my application. I hope to progress to the next stage in the application process. I look forward to hearing from you soon.