Veterans Administration, D.c. - Lead Sql/informatica ETL Developer
The five lines of business for VBA are Compensation and Pension, Loan Guaranty, Education, Vocational Rehabilitation/Education and Insurance Services having individual data marts. The OLTP systems are VETSNET, BDN and the various data marts are CPMR, BIRLS, and VOR.
- Worked as an Adhoc developer and created reports for Adhoc request from individual senators and congressmen, the press, GAO, inspector general offices and VA secretary using the EDW.
- Worked on End to End analysis of the EDW to report the questions/clarifications of Adhoc requests with supporting data and findings.
- Created high performance Sql scripts to reduce the time taken for producing ongoing Adhoc reports monthly and weekly.
- Thoroughly tested the Sql scripts by validating the data and cross comparing the data across five lines of business for adhoc reports
- Shared the business/technical knowledge gained within the team in adhoc meetings, peer code reviews, VOR/BIRLS code reviews
- Worked on defect fixes in VOR to produce business solution using ETL (Informatica) tool. Offered various approaches in brain storming session, so as to decide the best approach for a FIX.
- Worked on converting some of the PL/Sql scripts into Informatica mappings.
- Worked on building informatica mappings for the HAIISS project - VHA -Essence data mart.