Webmaster Cover Letter
Webmasters oversee the optimal functioning and maintenance of a website. Example job duties for this position include developing and designing interfaces; performing HTML and PHP page maintenance and SQL database content management for corporate websites; conducting unit testing at the page level; setting code standards; and leading code reviews.
A strong webmaster cover letter should highlight the following skills:
- Proficiency with web development tools and software
- Programming and coding expertise
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
If you’re looking to apply for a job as a webmaster and want some cover letter inspiration, check out the example below.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Loomis:
I am submitting my enclosed resume for consideration for the open webmaster position at Connect5. As a creative and accomplished professional with comprehensive experience developing and maintaining compelling, flawless content and interfaces for a variety of websites, I feel confident that I will substantially exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in developing, updating, and continually maintaining a variety of websites has prepared me to measurably impact the functioning of Connect5’s online presence. With my history of success in website design and management, along with my outstanding writing and communication skills, I am ready to extend my record of accomplishments with your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Provided web design, development, and content management for multiple high-traffic websites in a variety of industries, including tech and commerce
- Created an RSS feed for a company’s administrative pages. That feed uses the XML structured data of the product table and is displayed using XSLT and a VB.NET script
- Utilized SharePoint Designer to customize web pages and web parts
- Developed writing strategies to help facilitate search engine optimization for the office’s website
- Developed assessment strategies designed to evaluate website effectiveness and use
With my expertise in developing and maintaining useful, impactful websites, combined with my outstanding interpersonal skills and commitment to improving site designs, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team at Connect5. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jessica D. Matthews