Statistician Cover Letter
It is the job of Statisticians to gather numerical data and use it to help companies and organizations spot trends in the data and make predictions accordingly. Some of the primary duties of Statisticians include applying statistical theories and methods to solve practical problems, deciding what data are needed to answer specific questions or problems, determining methods for finding or collecting data, and reporting conclusions from their analyses.
Some important skills to spotlight in a Statistician cover letter include the following:
- Using SPSS to analyze data and predict growth and retention
- Developing software applications to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis
- Degrees in such disciplines as statistics, economics, or mathematics
- Experience in operational research, medical or life sciences, or business studies
Below is an example of a strong cover letter for a Statistician Applicant.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Statistician Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Farley:
I am writing to submit my resume to be considered for the open position of Statistician at Info Shores. My work and education history has provided me with a broad range of statistical analysis skills and a passion to fill this role and contribute to the great work of your company.
My degree in mathematics provided me with the foundation to analyze statistical data with precision and focus. My work experience, particularly my years as Statistician at Morrow Inc., provided me with on the job experience in using large, complex data sets to determine business solutions.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Consulted on statistical methods relating to clinical trials
- Excellent SAS programming skills
- Experience in the preparation of statistical documentation, both statistical analysis plan, and stand-alone statistical reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
I am passionate about using numbers and data to solve real-world problems, and would love to be able to do that as part of the team at Info Shores. I have the education and experience to excel in the role, and the drive to constantly improve. Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.