More Quantitative Analyst Cover Letter Examples
Use these Quantitative Analyst samples as a guideline, or visit our extensive library of customizable cover letter templates.
Free Quantitative Analyst cover letter example
Dear Ms. Banks,
I am submitting my attached resume for the position of Quantitative Analyst. With a master’s degree in quantitative finance, four years of experience in financial analysis and voluntary financial certification, I believe that I would be a fantastic fit for this position and a valuable asset to the Banks Investments team.
My professional experience includes developing and implementing complex models, making high-stakes risk vs. reward decisions under pressure, accurately analyzing mass amounts of data and advising clients on investment decisions. Over the course of my work, I have learned that effective communication and a strong work ethic are just as important to success as raw quantitative skills.
The following are just a few highlights of my qualifications and experience:
Earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of California, Berkeley
Earned a master’s degree in financial engineering from Columbia University
Occupied consecutive positions as a Junior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst and Quantitative Analyst
Became certified as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Successfully maximized profits for a wide variety of clients
Successfully made difficult decisions in a high-pressure environment
Wrote intricate quantitative models using both Python and C++
I hope to bring my astute financial skills, knack for risk management and passion for mathematics to Banks Investments.
I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position further with you in the future.
Include These Quantitative Analyst Skills
- A master’s degree in financial engineering, quantitative finance, physics, math, operations research or a related field
- A Ph.D. in math, statistics, physics or a related field
- Ability to code using scripting languages such as Python, C++, and Java
- Excellent mathematical skills, specifically in calculus, numerical linear algebra, probability, and statistics
- Excellent financial skills, specifically in portfolio theory, trading practices, equity and interest rate derivatives, financial modeling and credit risk products
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct extensive independent research
- Ability to perform well under pressure