Business Intelligence Analyst Cover Letter
Business Intelligence Analysts help companies increase profits and efficiency by analyzing their performance and offering advice to managers. The role of these professionals is to help executives make informed business decisions. Typical work activities of a Business Intelligence Analyst include the following: collecting past and present data, analyzing collected data, identifying strengths and weaknesses, using relevant computer software, finding ways to improve operations and reduce costs, and providing the tools needed to make strategic decisions.
Successful cover letter samples for Business Intelligence Analyst should mention the following job skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of data mining software
- Analytical thinking
- An eye for details
- Being able to handle large amounts of complex information
- Reporting skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
Similar job requirements can be observed in the example cover letter provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Intelligence Analyst Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Matheney:
Upon review of your posting for a Business Intelligence Analyst, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an analytical and bottom-line-driven professional with experience analyzing processes and implementing solutions to achieve corporate goals and business requirements, I am confident that I will significantly contribute to the objectives of your company.
My expertise lies in analyzing complex business requirements, compiling market and trend data, and identifying optimal business opportunities to accelerate efficiency and revenue growth. From evaluating competitor data and assessing current conditions to liaising between cross-functional departments and executing special projects, I have acquired a breadth of experience and knowledge that will allow me to excel as a member of your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Performing in-depth market trend analysis and producing new business features targeting Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and overall sales performance during seven-year tenure as a Business Analyst with Seneca Ltd.
- Boosting revenue by 8% and reducing accounts receivables by 12% by developing and implementing a new billing strategy.
- Designing a new requirement management process / template with key input from senior management to improve the company’s ability to accurately identify customer requirements and increase revenues.
- Providing essential team leadership and support through effective interpersonal, organizational, and leadership abilities.
- Earning an MBA degree from Michigan State University.
With a proven track record of successfully analyzing business processes and data to inform optimal business decision-making, I am positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your company. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kathleen J. Tavares