More Business Analyst Resumes
Use these Business Analyst samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Business Analyst Resume FAQ
How do I write a resume for a business analyst?
Writing a solid business analyst resume can help you land your next job, so understanding the key strategies for a standout resume is crucial. Here are a few tips for you to consider as you start writing:
- List your contact info correctly. You want to ensure the hiring manager can get in touch with you.
- Create a captivating career summary. Catch the recruiter’s eye quickly by stating in two to three sentences your expertise and skills (ensuring to use power words and active verbs) in your opening summary.
- Add quantifiable metrics to your work history. Employers want more than skills — they want results. Show you made an impact in previous companies by adding numbers to your work history section.
- Include both hard skills and soft skills in the skills section. Most jobs require technical skills and social abilities, so ensure you cover both types of skills fully.
- Add professional certifications. Create an area for certificates if you’ve been certified for any of your skills.
- Read the job description closely. Finally, go back to the job description to ensure you didn’t overlook any relevant skills. It’s encouraged to borrow exact language from the job listing as long as it describes your experience and skills truthfully.
If you need help getting started, give our Resume Builder a try. Our built-in text suggestions for your specific job title will make filling out the blank page no big deal.
What are the responsibilities of a business analyst?
Business analysts are responsible for understanding the objectives of a business, taking inventory of current performance and suggesting ways the business can improve processes to meet its goals better.
The skills needed to fulfill their duties include creating workflow charts, writing specifications, communicating across departments, thinking critically, understanding statistics and having a high level of accuracy.
What should be the resume headline for a business analyst?
Resume headlines, the short statement between the contact info and professional summary, are the first thing a recruiter sees, so it has to be captivating and memorable. For a business analyst, here are a couple of examples of good resume headlines:
- Resourceful business analyst with 20 years of retail industry experience.
- Experienced business analyst serving seven Fortune 500 companies.
- Two-time recipient of the Business Leadership Excellence award.