Responsibilities included assisting in all aspects of defined benefit administration and actuarial valuation reports. Prepared data requests, analyzed pension participant data, resolved data inconsistencies, prepared the data for processing in PC based valuation system, ran the valuation, analyzed the results, and prepared the valuation report for the review by the actuary. In addition, completed government forms, maintained client databases, designed spreadsheets to perform various tasks and produced employee benefit statements and reconciliation of Assets. Assisted with special actuarial projects such as plan formula changes and cost projections.
- Known for willingness to ask questions and seek additional information, avoiding waste of time and increasing efficiency.
- Extremely efficient and detailed focused when checking and proofreading documents and reports, consistently achieving highly accurate work.
- Developed a detailed outline of valuation process steps that assured accuracy and 100% completion, making process faster by eliminating need to re-write process details.
- Improved pension data importing process by creating new functions for moving data from Excel to Access Database for customer reports. Reduced cost to customers helping to keep consulting services competitive.
- Increased productivity and accuracy by mentoring co-workers of various levels with regard to software programs specific to our actuarial work. Acted as troubleshooter to facilitate smooth running of the software programs.
- Supported supervisors in requesting updated information from clients to complete actuarial valuation reports. Performed this important task quickly and accurately.