Research Analyst Cover Letter
Research Analysts conduct research on consumers and competitors, and then they analyze said data to help decision makers make strategic decisions. Job activities that Research Analysts typically perform include monitoring and forecasting market trends, measuring the results of marketing campaigns, using statistical software, conducting demographic and psychographic research, creating buyer personas, crafting methods for data collection, crafting reports and presenting data to project stakeholders. Our cover letter examples for Research Analysts highlight the following job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, statistics, or computer science
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to process large amounts of data
- Proficiency in web analytics, SEO and business research tools
- Knowledge of databases and Microsoft office
- Critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills
Below is an example of a Research Analyst cover letter that highlights these skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Research Analyst Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Denham,
I am writing to you to express my interest in interviewing for the position of Research Analyst. Between my coursework for my Bachelor’s degree in Statistics and my internship at Crest Analytics, I have acquired experience with CRM software, SEO, web analytic tools, which I think I can use to help your organization succeed.
My professional experience includes shadowing a Research Analyst as they created data collection tools, collected data, cleaned data, and used machine learning and algorithms to make sense of data. I am hungry for an opportunity to apply what I learned as a Research Analyst for Smartt Analytics.
Here are some achievements from my internship that I think make me a perfect fit for your organization.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics from Northwestern university
- Used CRM software to document the results of data collection campaigns
- Helped write surveys used in data collection campaigns
- Used data visualization tools to present data interpretations to non-technical stakeholders
- Used collected data to assist in creating targeted buyer personas based on demographics and psychographics
I pride myself on my ability to think critically and analyze data from all angles, as well as my comfort in presenting my ideas to anyone who will listen. I think my combination of skills and passion make me a great fit for your organization. I’d love for you to contact me to schedule an interview.
Mario K. Ives