BI Developer Cover Letter
A BI Developer, also called a Business Intelligence Developer, aggregates data from multiple sources and designs enterprise-level solutions for large, multidimensional databases. Common duties for a BI Developer Duties include designing reports based on business requirements while using SSRS, designing ETL loads to load data into the reporting database using SSIS, and creating stored procedures and functions required to extract data for the load.
In order to have a cover letter that stands out when applying for a BI Developer job, make sure it includes the following skills and traits:
- Experience in MS SQL Server and MS SQL analysis services
- Familiarity with MDX
- Expertise in T-SQL Programming and debugging
- Analytical thinking
- Reporting skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
Similar job requirements are included in the sample BI Developer cover letter provided below.
Dear Ms. McArthur:
Upon review of your posting for a BI Developer, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an analytical and bottom-line-driven professional with experience analyzing processes and developing IT solutions to achieve corporate goals and business requirements, I am confident that I will significantly contribute to the objectives of Bland Corp.
My expertise lies in analyzing complex business requirements, compiling market and trend data, designing enterprise-level solutions to accelerate efficiency and revenue growth. From evaluating competitor data and assessing current conditions to developing database solutions, I have acquired a breadth of experience and knowledge that will allow me to excel as a member of your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Created custom complex data analytics in to identify trends within quality data and find new sources of revenue within customer data.
- Led the data migration project, where all the functionality was moving to a new platform ‘Genesis’ from the older platform ‘Pegasis’.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes, stored procedures and functions as a part of the data migration initiative.
- Built SSIS packages and scheduled jobs to migrate data from disparate sources into SQL server and vice versa.
- Performed root cause analysis on failures. Resolve performance tuning related issues and queries
With a proven track record of successfully aggregating business data and developing solutions to improve business processes, I am positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit Bland Corp. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Blaise M. Fortesque