Human Resource Assistant Cover Letter
Human Resource Assistants provide support to human resource departments and help managers accomplish their HR-related tasks. Their main responsibilities are recordkeeping, conducting orientation, and scheduling appointments. Usual activities that a Human Resource Assistant completes include: administering tests, welcoming new employees and preparing their files, handling payroll information, processing mails, answering to employee questions, and maintaining calendars for the members of the HR team.
Well-written cover letter examples for the job put emphasis on the following skills:
- Human resources expertise
- Reporting skills
- Organization and planning
- Verbal communication
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
- Time management and multitasking
Those looking to secure a position as a Human Resource Assistant can check required qualifications in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Human Resource Assistant Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Helleman:
Upon review of your posting for a Human Resource Assistant, I was anxious to submit my resume for your review. With my dedication to pursuing a career in human resources—along with my comprehensive abilities in administrative support and team collaboration—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your organization.
From managing confidential files and maintaining databases to processing paychecks and communicating effectively across multiple organizational levels, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Preparing to achieve a BS degree in Human Resources, coupled with my additional capabilities in problem solving and time management, I am ready to thrive in this challenging and energizing field.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Attaining comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of HR issues, including staff recruitment functions, workforce planning, payroll, benefits, compensation structures, federal HR regulations, and workplace diversity.
- Leveraging administrative and office support talents to improve processes, surpass expectations, and optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Utilizing organizational, analytical, and motivational skills to propel projects and teams to peak results; consistently demonstrating the utmost professionalism in my career achievements.
With my academic-based experience in human resources, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations in this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael T. Hayworth