Facilities Manager Cover Letter
Facilities Managers support organizations by managing underlying processes and services. These experts are responsible for ensuring an optimal working environment for employees and have duties pertaining to the following areas: health and safety, security, cleaning, maintenance, procurement, utilities, space management, and so on. Examples of work responsibilities include collaborating with contractors, taking decisions according to strategic business objectives, ensuring staff safety, adhering to health and safety regulations, and planning space allocation.
Those interested in a Facilities Manager position should be able to demonstrate throughout their cover letters the following skills:
- Building management expertise
- Engineering training
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Multitasking and workload prioritization
- Time management and multitasking
- Computer competences
- Research skills
- Project management abilities
Comparable Facilities Manager qualifications can be seen in the sample cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Facilities Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Job Title, check out our more complete Facilities Manager Job Description.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Goyens:
Upon learning of your posting for a Facilities Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a successful professional with 14+ years of excellent experience managing facility operations and ensuring comprehensive user services and support, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s objectives.
My background includes performing all aspects of facility management and maintenance, such as staff relocation projects, office equipment installations and training, and security access card issuance and tracking for up to 750 employees. From managing day-to-day operational and security responsibilities to organizing emergency operations, I excel at assessing user needs, implementing process improvements, and developing effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing comprehensive facility services—including security, maintenance, cleaning, and reception—for 4.5M square feet across 52-building information technology premises and affiliated remote sites.
- Streamlining space relocations through the creation of highly detailed computer-based floor plans, enabling efficient and swift moves with minimal staff disruption.
- Demonstrating unparalleled dedication to providing outstanding building management, developing and implementing policies and procedures to drive maximum user service and satisfaction while achieving company goals.
- Utilizing a variety of databases to enhance efficiency and accuracy while replacing outdated security and tracking methods.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving maintenance systems.
My skills in facility and building management have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Michael T. Rolland