Managed a team of benefit specialists, supporting over 1,000 employees in two industries, across multiple domestic locations. Managed the company's health and welfare benefit programs; and also managed the retirement savings plans for both union and non-union employees. Managed the open enrollment process for all benefits, including presentations and communication to employees, and oversaw the assimilation of approximately 300 employees from a recently acquired company, onto CVR Energy's health and welfare and retirement plan benefit offerings, working closely with the Legal Department and the two 401(k) vendors, to seamlessly handle the merger of four 401(k) plans, into two retirement savings plan.
- Oversaw the 401(k) and retirement/savings plans, managed vendor performance, ensured compliance by meeting reporting and disclosure requirements, and managed internal and external audits
- Spearheaded meetings with insurance carriers and financial institutions for administration of benefits programs
- Assisted with writing the Summary Plan Descriptions, filing Form 5500's, administering plans in compliance with ERISA and other government regulations, and maintained necessary benefit records and files
- Led benefits communication, benefits policy development and administration, life, health, and disability insurance, and related retirement programs
- Partnered with and managed relationships with benefits brokers, carriers, vendors and subject matter experts ensuring delivery of high quality programs in accordance with industry best practices and legal compliance
- Responded to and resolved a variety of escalated benefit issues. Kept abreast of industry and market trends, benefits related technology, labor law, and healthcare reform initiatives
- Tracked, monitored and analyzed health claims and benefit plan costs and trends