Human Resources Benefits Specialist
Oversaw HRIS system for over 500 employees in six locations. Managed all personnel action processing, including: employee new hires and terminations, increases, promotions and pay adjustments, transfers, benefit changes, leaves of absence and performance evaluations.
- Oversaw all benefits to employees from new hire to termination, including: Medical, STD, LTD, Life Insurances, AD&D, Employee Tuition Program, COBRA, and Unemployment Claims.
- Provided routine and specialized employee benefits information to, and responded to inquiries from, employees, carriers, physicians, attorneys and others for a variety of subjects, including, but not limited to: benefits coverage, eligibility, claims procedures, work-related injuries, medical leaves, and disability status.
- Provided HR guidance and counseling to managers and employees on performance issues.
- Processed and monitored unemployment insurance claims; prepared specialized reports and provided employee information to the DEO.
- Prepared COBRA packets for applicable employees and administered COBRA benefits.
- Prepared payments of insurance costs to vendors, reconciling monthly invoices, adding and deleting members and determining correct invoice totals.
- Conducted weekly audits of benefit system to ensure accuracy of employee eligibility and benefit information. Audited ADP's HRB and Payroll modules using ADP Custom Reporting to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Maintained all employee files and records, ensuring completeness of files and compliance with relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Maintained and audited Organizational Chart, Budget, and Staffing Report to ensure that company needs were being met. Managed annual performance appraisals to ensure uniformity and fair increases that aligned with budgetary goals.
- Assisted with various special projects related to assigned functions.