- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
Jewelry Sales Associate Resume FAQ
What does a jewelry sales associate do?
A jewelry salesperson’s responsibilities can include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting potential customers.
- Listening to customer needs and price points and offering advice and potential products.
- Offering solutions to hesitant customers, such as layaway or long-term payment plans.
- Paying attention to detail to inventory floor products and prevent store theft.
- Meeting sales goals.
- Subtly upselling customers by suggesting an alternate product.
How much can you make in jewelry sales?
A jewelry sales associate can earn anywhere between $27,791 to $41,615, according to Salary.com. However, your salary can vary depending on where you live, whether your pay is commission based, or whether your store offers competitive bonus awards.
How do you become a jewelry salesman?
How you become a jewelry salesperson depends on the level of seniority and responsibility you’d like. An entry-level position requires a high school diploma, some customer service skills and a charismatic personality to help charm customers.
However, some jewelry salespeople can choose to develop specialized skills such as appraisals, adjustment and repair. You can develop these skills through in-person apprenticeships or technical trade schools.