Director of Sales and Marketing
Developed a start-up international travel company specializing in guided tours throughout Europe. Managed all sales and marketing activities. Scope of accountability included strategic planning, competitive analysis, market positioning, new business development, new product introduction, staff training and development, building strategic partnerships, and building/maintaining client relationships. Directed a team of 12.
- Increased revenue throughout all 7 years at my start-up by continually finding new markets and partnerships, hiring key personnel, giving effective presentations, and by persistent negotiations with vendors.
- Boosted sales by 16%, 21%, and 32% during 2007, 2008, and 2011 respectively.
- Created and implemented company-wide sales training and incentives. Designed rigorous sales training program and presentation materials, and directed program.
- Produced new revenue stream by expanding and restructuring market territories.
- Slashed quality assurance claims by 16% in 2006 to 4% in 2012.
- Managed and trained employees to lead popular international excursions, while establishing strong relationships in the accommodation, transportation, restaurant, and educational industries.
- Waged successful yearly marketing campaigns, increasing sales annually while improving the popularity and integrity for our brand.