Sales Representative Cover Letter
Sales Representatives work for a variety of companies and are in charge for promoting and selling products and services. Common work activities listed on a Sales Representative resume are scheduling appointments, identifying customer needs, negotiating contracts, cultivating the relationship with existing customers, placing orders, analyzing sales trends, and making sure sales targets are met. Constant training is required in order to fine-tune their selling abilities.
An example cover letter for Sales Representative makes display of qualifications such as:
- The ability to sell and negotiate
- Networking skills to collect new contacts
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Professionalism and business acumen
- Being able to get over customers who turn them down
- Self-confidence and strong motivation
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and people skills
A sample cover letter for Sales Representative emphasizing the most important skills in the industry appears below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Bentz:
Perseverance, exceptional communication skills, and a goal-driven work ethic are all essential components to excelling in sales. As a talented sales professional with a proven history of successfully generating new business and driving revenue growth, I am ready to significantly impact your organization as your next Sales Representative.
Strategizing new business opportunities, achieving product expertise, and creating key customer and supplier relationships define my career accomplishments. My experience in prospecting and securing new accounts—while consistently providing exceptional client service and boosting the bottom line—positions me to surpass even your highest sales objectives.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Successfully maintaining a career-long record of consistently meeting and surpassing sales quotas while earning continual recognition, awards, and bonuses for top sales performance and customer service.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, dealers, and management teams to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing superior communication, presentation, and time management skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer loyalty and referrals.
Confident in my ability to swiftly stimulate new business opportunities by delivering dynamic presentations and building enduring client connections, I am prepared to greatly contribute to your corporate sales goals. I look forward to discussing my qualifications with you further in the near future. Thank you for your consideration.
Erick C. Kohler